Displaying present location in the site.
“Personal Information” means any information provided by you, which can be used to identify you, such information include but are not limited to your name, address or e-mail address.
NEC NZ collects, discloses and uses your Personal Information to ensure the smooth provision of NEC NZ’s services and products to you.
NEC NZ may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:-
- to provide NEC NZ’s services and products to you, such as the delivery of the products to you and for the registration of your product warranty;
- to communicate with you for marketing purposes;
- to contact you for customer satisfaction surveys and research purposes;
- for NEC NZ’s internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve NEC NZ’s products, services, and customer communications; and/or
- for safety, security and legal compliance.
NEC NZ may share and disclose your Personal Information to the following third parties:-
- (i) NEC NZ’s professional advisers, including without limitation NEC NZ’s lawyers, accountants and auditors; (ii) NEC NZ’s third party service providers who provide payment, administrative or other services in connection to the operation of this Site and/or NEC NZ’s business; and/or (iii) NEC NZ’s business alliance partners in order to fulfil the purposes listed in paragraph 2 of this Section “DISCLOSURE AND USE OF INFORMATION”;
- reputable companies, who are our partners and may need to collect and maintain certain subscriber information to help NEC NZ improve NEC NZ’s services and products. In such an event, NEC NZ will obtain your consent before sharing your Personal Information with any of them; and/or
- any acquirer whom NEC NZ may sell all or part of its business to, in which event NEC NZ may disclose your Personal Information to enable the acquirer to continue to provide the services and products to you.
NEC NZ will not reveal your Personal Information to any third party unless such disclosure is:-
- to establish, exercise or defend NEC NZ’s legal rights;
- to prevent a threat to the life, health or security of an individual or corporate entities;
- to investigate suspected unlawful activities such as fraud, intellectual property infringement or breach of privacy;
- required under law or by any government enforcement agency;
- permissible under applicable laws or regulations;
- with your written consent;
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
NEC NZ may transmit your Personal Information to NEC NZ’s data storage facilities with NEC NZ’s parent company in Japan and/or NEC NZ’s appointed agent in New Zealand or in other countries in connection with NEC NZ’s provision of services and products to you. Prior to such transmission, NEC NZ will ensure reasonable security measures are in place which will ensure the confidentiality of your Personal Information as contained in NEC NZ’s data storage facilities in New Zealand and Japan or such other countries in which they are stored.
NEC NZ will collect your Personal Information when you sign up for product information, participate in direct marketing etc.
You may submit a request to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer at the email address provided herein. Please note that a withdrawal of your consent may affect NEC NZ’s provision of products and services to you. In such an event, NEC NZ will inform you first of the consequences of such withdrawal.
NEC NZ will, upon your written request to our Data Protection Officer at the email address provided herein, allow you to view or amend your Personal Information.
NEC NZ reserves the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for any viewing of your Personal Information as permitted by applicable law.
NEC NZ reserves the right to deny you access to your Personal Information as permitted by applicable law.
NEC NZ will not hold your Personal Information for any period longer than NEC NZ believes is reasonably necessary for the purposes it was collected for or for such longer period as required for business or legal purposes or as required by applicable law.
When destroying your Personal Information, NEC NZ will take commercially reasonable measures to make your Personal Information irrecoverable or irreproducible in accordance with the applicable law.
NEC NZ seeks your kind co-operation to ensure that your Personal Information are kept accurate and correct at all times. Should there be any change in your Personal Information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the email address provided herein.
NEC NZ may also periodically request for you to update your Personal Information.
NEC NZ takes protection of your Personal Information very seriously and assure you that your Personal Information will be treated with high standards of security to ensure that your Personal Information is safeguarded against any loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, there are always risks involved with providing Personal Information as no technology is completely risk-free or can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. In this regard, NEC NZ will take the appropriate reasonable security measures to prevent and minimise such risks but NEC NZ will not be held responsible in the event that any third party gains unauthorised access to your Personal Information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
NEC NZ cannot distinguish the age of persons who access and use this Site. If a minor (according to applicable law) has provided NEC NZ with his/her Personal Information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian may contact our Data Protection Officer at the email address provided herein for the deletion of the minor’s Personal Information.
(last reviewed on June 2018)